2021 Frozen CTF
2021 Frozen CTF Facts and Stats
- 38 ISI student participants, 4 ISI Faculty, and 2 guests providing game time analysis and insight into the beginning of their professional career
- 52 Challenges presented in categories of Internet of Things, Log Analysis, Python Programming, Database, and Cryptography
- 410 Challenges solved in 60 minutes. Many more attempted!
- 14 prizes – Random drawings, best hat and scarf, and awards for the top 3 teams.
- The introduction of “phone-a-friend” where teams are randomly selected throughout the event via virtual dice to receive 3 minutes of expert consultation from a season CTF player. Thank you, Austin, for a being such a good sport and serving as our phone-a-friend consultant.
2021 Frozen CTF Winners
2020 Haunted CTF
Fun, costumes, and prizes as well as learning took place during the 2020 Ferris State ISI Virtual “Haunted” Cyber Competition.
We hope you all had fun and learned much during the competition. We are all very impressed that you took the time and effort to participate. We are proud and honored to be a part of your education journey!
Some interesting facts and stats from the 2020 Haunted CTF Event
- 36 student participants, 3 ISI Faculty, and 3 guests providing game time analysis and general entertainment
- 85 Challenges to solve in categories of Cryptography, Network Packet Analysis, Password Cracking, Log Analysis, Wireless, and Forensics
- 811 Total Challenges solved in 75 minutes
- 12 prizes!
Everyone enjoyed the Halloween costumes and Livestream podcasting of the event. Well done everyone and congratulations to the winners!
Congratulations to the Winning Teams
- 1st Place
- Team – “Vampires”
- Trey Levan
- John Harman
- 2nd Place
- Team – “Disappointment!”
- Mike McKenzie
- Jacob Taylor
- 3rd Place
- Team – “Where’s Waldo”
- Jessica Jowett
- Lauren Lotzow