Junior Status Checklist
You have achieved Junior status (56-85 credit hours). What’s next?
- Review “MyDegree” with your advisor and confirm that the information is correct.
- If there are “MyDegree” corrections, contact the College of Business (COB) Dean’s Office (BUS 200 or 231-591-2420; email@example.com).
- Confirm that your advisor has submitted the directed electives, substitution, and program concentration approval forms.
- Make sure all minors, certificates, double majors, and dual degrees are declared.
- Check with your advisor: Are you on track for your anticipated graduation date?
One semester before graduation
- One semester before your anticipated graduation, complete the online graduation application. READ THE DIRECTIONS CAREFULLY. An incorrect application can cause delays.
- Watch your FSU email for your graduation application confirmation. Once confirmed, call the COB Dean’s office at (231) 591-2420 to set a required graduation clearance appointment/exit interview (plan on about an hour). At your scheduled clearance appointment, you will be asked to confirm your graduation audit, complete a survey, and meet with a staff member. Save a copy of the audit for your records.
Preparing for the commencement ceremony
- Check the commencement website for information regarding the COB ceremony time and date.
- Graduation letters will be sent to your family at your permanent address three months before your graduation ceremony; remind them to watch for the letter.
- Check your FSU email for your graduation letter from the COB.
- Attend the Graduation Fair. Check the commencement website for dates.
- Tickets for attending the graduation ceremony are available through E-Tickets. For step-by-step directions for electronic tickets, please visit the commencement website.
- Check commencement time and arrive one hour prior to the beginning of the ceremony. The COB offers an Open House for students and guests (usually this event is after your commencement ceremony in the COB Building).
Receiving diplomas and transcripts
- The University will not release official academic transcripts if there is a balance due on your account. Contact the business office with questions at (231) 591-3972.
- Diplomas will be mailed 10 to 12 weeks after grades have been posted. If you do not receive a diploma by the 13th week, please call the COB Dean’s Office at (231) 591-2420.
- Your unofficial transcript in “MyFSU” will indicate if your degree has been awarded. If you have not met all the requirements, you will receive an FSU email.
Congratulations and good luck!!
Update: slg/lb March 10, 2015