Credit Transfer Policy
Transfering to the College of Business from another institution
Students desiring to transfer into any College of Business Baccalaureate degree from other institutions of higher education are granted transfer credit on an individual basis. Students may need to provide a college catalog with course descriptions and/or course syllabi credit for specific credit evaluation.
The following conditions apply to the transferring of course credit to the College of Business:
- Credit may be accepted for business courses taken elsewhere provided grades of “C” (2.0 GPA) or better were earned.
- In order for credit to be applied to the FSU core curriculum or the academic major, courses taken elsewhere must have a minimum grade of “C”.
- In some cases, courses similar in title and content to College of Business courses at the 300-400 level may not receive specific credit if taken at the 100-200 level at another institution. However, general credit may be granted for those courses.
The following programs are exempt from the proceeding policy. However, courses taken for transfer credit after admission to these programs must have been taken at a regionally accredited institution and the grades earned must be a “C” or better.
- Off-campus programs offered in cooperation with Northwestern Michigan College, Traverse City.
- Off-campus programs offered in cooperation with Southwestern Michigan College, Dowagiac.
- Off-campus programs offered in cooperation with Mott Community College, Flint.
- Off-campus programs offered in cooperation with Grand Rapids Community College, Grand Rapids.
- Institutions which have entered special articulation agreements with FSU colleges/programs.