Cyber Safe Film: Keeping Kids Safe on the Internet
- Ask your parent or guardian before downloading games or making profiles.
- Do not use personal information when making a username or naming characters. For example, AlexAllAnimalSoccer77 says a lot about you. Instead Socceriscool77 does not reveal your name or location.
- Set a safety word with your parent or guardian for when you are going to be picked up places. Do not go with anyone who does not know this safety word.
- Do not reveal personal information to strangers, including your phone number, name, birthday, or where you live or go to school.
- Do not open up about personal struggles or problems to people online. Remember that people are not always who they say they are.
- Remember that anything you post online can be accessed by anyone, even if it appears to be a private website or profile. Once you put something online, it is permanent and stays there forever
- Do not meet up with someone in person that you met online before talking with your parent about it. If you ever feel uncomfortable or in danger online or in person, tell a trusted adult.