New & Noteworthy
College of Business Students Recognized for Excellence
May 14, 2019
The College of Business recently recognized 20 outstanding upperclassmen by presenting them with Student Excellence Awards.
On Friday, April 04, 2019, recipients were treated to a catered dinner and a speech from
Jeff Harrold, retired Chairman and CEO of Auto-Owners Insurance. The professors who nominated the students spoke about their accomplishments and presented them with a plaque marking the honor.
The full list of students recognized is below, organized by department.
Accountancy, Finance & Information Systems Department
- Mike Rumsey, Accountancy/Finance, Presenter: Jean Inabinett
- Zachary Yoder, Accountancy/Finance, Presenter: Jean Inabinett
- Blake Fisk, Accountancy, Presenter: Jean Inabinett
- Abigail Nakfoor, Accountancy, Presenter: Jean Inabinett & Aaron Madziar
- Ashleigh Allen, Information Security & Intelligence, Presenter: Greg Gogolin
- Parker Berden, Accountancy, Presenter: Jean Inabinett
- Justin Brown, Business Administration, Presenter: Cathy Browers
- Margo Brown, Business Administration, Presenter: Leslie Suckup & Aaron Madziar
- Lucy Reigle, Business Administration, Presenter: Donna Green
- Matthew Bosler, Business Administration/ Operations Management, Presenter: Leslie Suckup
- Hailey Hollenback, Public Relations, Presenter: Patrick Bishop
- Ashley Finstrom, Public Relations, Presenter: Patrick Bishop
- Kayla Jordan, Marketing, Presenter: Felix Bollou
- Nathan Heilman, Marketing, Presenter: Donna Green
Sports, Entertainment & Hospitality Management Department
- Keri Frahm, Hospitality Management, Presenter: Amy Dorey
- Kaylee Britten, Music Industry Management, Presenter: Paul Kwant
- Sarah Millen, Music Industry Management, Presenter: Paul Kwant
- Juliana Wheeler, Music Industry Management, Presenter: Paul Kwant
- Hannah Yack, Music Industry Management, Presenter: Paul Kwant
- Matthew Reglin, Golf Management, Presenter: Diane Maguire
These students represent the top three percent of seniors in the College of Business. Undergraduates may be nominated for a Student Excellence Award if they have earned 90 or more total semester credits, show evidence of intellectual growth, academic performance, significant contributions and/or involvement in extracurricular activities, and hold an overall GPA of at least 3.25. Professors nominate students whom they feel have excelled in all aspects of their college career.
Photos from the 2019 Student Excellence Awards Ceremony can be found on the Ferris SmugMug.
The College of Business at Ferris State University provides career-oriented education, responding for over 100 years to the changing needs of the business world. The curriculum prepares graduates to deal with real issues as members and leaders of tomorrow’s workforce.