Professional activities and areas of interest
Dr. Catherine Browers has over 25 years of administrative accounting and finance experience in public, private, and non-profit organizations. She also started three successful businesses, two of which are still in operation. Beyond business financial analysis, she has been involved in labor negotiations, grant writing, and strategic planning.
Dr. Browers has been a professor in the College of Business at Ferris State University since 2007. She has taught courses in topics of financial and managerial accounting, financial management, ethics and fraud, management and associated metrics, small business systems, and entrepreneurship. She has also been a guest lecturer at Dankook University in South Korea teaching organizational culture and corporate ethics. She has received several awards and honorable mentions for her university and private sector work. Examples include the Governor’s Quality Care Award (State of Michigan), Faculty of the Year Award (Professional Tennis Management, Ferris State University), and Outstanding Service to Students (College of Business, Ferris State University). She serves on several university committees, including the College of Business Committee on Inclusion, which was nominated for the Distinguished Team Award in 2018.
Outside of the university, Dr. Browers has an active personal life and enjoys being involved with her local church and community. She is the founder of Reed City’s annual “Halloween in the Park” event, and is the co-chair of her church’s Youth Forward committee. She is also a board member with the Mecosta-Osceola Intermediate School district.
- EdD, Central Michigan University, 2013. Major, Educational Leadership. Supporting Areas of Emphasis, Quantitative and Qualitative Analysis.
- MBA, Ferris State University, 2007. Major, Business Administration. Supporting Areas of Emphasis, Advanced Studies in Management Tools and Techniques
- BS, Ferris State University, 2004. Major: Professional Accountancy
- BS, Michigan State University, 1977. Major: Environment and Design
- CFEI, National Financial Education Council, 2017. Certified Financial Education Instructor