Gerald Emerick | Ed.D
Professional activities and areas of interest
After 20 years in the Information Systems business environment and 10 years as an adjunct faculty member, Professor Emerick joined the Ferris ISI program as a full-time faculty member in the Fall of 2011.
During his 20 years in Information Systems he held many different positions in both large, international organizations and small organizations. He has held positions including Management Consultant, Project Manager, Software Design and Development, and Database Administrator. Professor Emerick actively consults in Application Security Assessments, Software Engineering and Business Intelligence.
Professor Emerick regularly engages outside of the classroom with students in cyber security competitions such as National Cyber League and CCDN, advises the ISIA student organization, and coordinates attendance and participation in annual cyber security conferences for both faculty and students. Professor Emerick founded the Summer Cyber Academy at Ferris State University that invites high school students to be introduced to cyber security and participate in digital forensics, networking, and ethical hacking challenges.
Outside of the classroom, Professor Emerick enjoys time with his family, biking, water skiing, kayaking, playing the guitar and pretty much any other activity that allows him to appreciate the outdoors in Michigan.
- EdD, University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana
- MS, Computer Information Systems; Grand Valley State University
- BBA, Business Computer Systems; Eastern Michigan University
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Security Analyst (E|CSA)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (C|EH)
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect (AWS-SAA)