Professional activities and areas of interest
Matthew Smith is a part-time adjunct instructor for the Digital Animation and Game Design program in the school of Digital Media within the College of Business. Using his ten years of industry experience in owning, operating, and game design he guides students towards In addition to his work at in the School of Digital Media, Matthew works as a full-time teacher at Big Rapids Public Schools and part-time in the Elearning department as an Instructional Technologist and an Online Design Consultant.
- BR Hobby – Owner and Operator 2010 – 2019
- Teacher, Big Rapids Public Schools, 2003 – Present
- Smith, M. Gencon Trade Day, “Schooled: Using Game-Based Learning in the Classroom,” GenCon | Trade Day, Indianapolis, IN, (August 2019).
- Smith, M. Gencon Trade Day, “Creating a Breakout Box,” GenCon | Trade Day, Indianapolis, IN, (August 2018).
- Smith, M. Gencon Trade Day, “Heroes of Literature: Gamifying your Class,” GenCon | Trade Day, Indianapolis, IN, (August 2017).
- “Schooled”, Self Published, 2018
- “Outbid” SRG Games, 2020
Master of Curriculum Instruction, Ferris State University, 2018
Bachelor of Science, English Education, Minor: Computer Science, Ferris State University, 2003