Program Educational Objectives & Student Outcomes
Program Educational Objectives
These are the program objectives for the Bachelor of Science in Information Security and Intelligence.
Become ethical members of the information security or intelligence profession.
Become experts at applying computing principles to produce effective computing solutions.
Be successful in computing or related careers, or in pursuing advanced degrees.
Continue to show personal and professional growth.
Student Educational Outcomes
These are the student outcomes for the Bachelor of Science in Information Security and Intelligence.
- Analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
- An ability to apply security principles and practices to the environment, hardware, software, and human aspects of a system.
- An ability to analyze and evaluate systems with respect to maintaining operations in the presence of risks and threats.