Program Educational Objectives & Student Outcomes
Program Educational Objectives
These are the program objectives for the Bachelor of Science in Information Security and Intelligence.
Effectively work and communicate as an ethical member of an information security and/or intelligence team.
Effectively design computing solutions and apply appropriate computing principles.
Be successfully employed in a computing career, related field, and/or pursue an advanced degree.
Utilize continuous improvement strategies for personal and professional growth.
Student Educational Outcomes
These are the student outcomes for the Bachelor of Science in Information Security and Intelligence.
- Analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
- An ability to apply security principles and practices to the environment, hardware, software, and human aspects of a system.
- An ability to analyze and evaluate systems with respect to maintaining operations in the presence of risks and threats.