Program & Student Educational Outcomes
Program Educational Outcomes
These are the program objectives for the Bachelor of Science in Information Security and Intelligence.
- Effectively work and communicate as an ethical member of information security and/or intelligence team, and effectively integrate theories and practice in an ISI environment.
- Develop skills for evaluating organizational structure, environment, and planning strategies for security risk, and analyze the effectiveness of a security plan against the methods used by organized crime, gangs, and terrorist organizations.
- Utilized continuous improvement strategies for personal and professional growth.
- Demonstrate knowledge of concepts and methodologies in information security and the Information Security Lifecycle (Protection) including information security administration, Security+ and CISSP.
- Recognize the potential for multiple explanations for events and information and be able to analyze and describe the accuracy of the information in a variety of contexts and situations.
Student Educational Outcomes
These are the student outcomes for the Bachelor of Science in Information Security and Intelligence.
- Analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
- An ability to apply security principles and practices to the environment, hardware, software, and human aspects of a system.
- An ability to analyze and evaluate systems with respect to maintaining operations in the presence of risks and threats.