- International Marketing
- Marketing Data Analysis
- Marketing Research
- Marketing Strategy
- Supply Chain Management
- Marketing with concentration options (Bachelor)
- Marketing (Associate)
- Advertising/Integrated Marketing Communications (Minor)
- International Business (Minor)
- Integrated Marketing Techniques (Minor)
- Marketing Sales (Minor)
- Advertising/Integrated Marketing (Certificate)
- Digital Marketing (Certificate)
- Direct Marketing (Certificate)
- Marketing (Certificate)
- Marketing Research (Certificate)
- Marketing Sales (Certificate)
- Retailing (Certificate)
- Big Rapids
Every business and organization needs people with marketing skills: entertainment, sports, hospitals, government, Fortune 500 companies, nonprofits, consulting firms, research firms, Web-based companies, entrepreneurial businesses, and many more. Many graduates of this program have earned leadership positions, both in consumer-focused and business-to-business organizations.
Marketing grads are often creative people, who may develop products and design advertising or displays. They also must be excellent communicators to make sales presentations; developing skills in critical thinking helps them to analyze data and develop strategic marketing plans.
This program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs. ACBSP is a leading specialized accreditation association for business education supporting, celebrating, and rewarding teaching excellence.
New & Noteworthy
MindFire Donates Software to FSU Marketing Department
March 17, 2021
The Ferris State University Marketing Department and the Graphic Media Management Program received a donation from the MindFire software company. MindFire’s Da Vinci marketing communication platform is a leading-edge system designed to connect, inform and trigger a response from targeted… Read more »
Meagan Tran’s Internship at Lerner Financial
September 4, 2020
Internships are a valuable way to get a feel for your industry and create connections. This summer Meagan Tran, a junior in marketing with a concentration in risk management / insurance, had an opportunity to intern with Lerner Financial. This…Read more »
COVID-19 in the Industry: Professor Susan K. Jones on Advertising
April 24, 2020
In the past month, students and workers alike have been a part of a digital transition as a result of the rising threat of COVID-19. To assess the impact of COVID-19 and the switch to virtual on the advertising industry,…Read more »
COVID-19 in the Industry: Dr. Squires on Marketing
April 17, 2020
With COVID-19 sweeping the globe, no industry has been left untouched—and marketing is no exception. To explain the effect the pandemic and quarantine are having on the industry and in the classroom, Assistant Professor of Marketing Dr. Scot Squires took…Read more »
Flexibility In The Workplace: Stacy Veldheer’s Internship at Family Futures
September 30, 2019
When Ferris State University Marketing senior Stacy Veldheer got her internship at Family Futures in Grand Rapids MI, she thought she knew what to expect. When Veldheer started at her internship, she was contributing her insights on social media and…Read more »
Invest in Community: Gwen Robbins Marketing Internship with the Big Rapids Parks and Recreation Department
August 5, 2019
Gwen Robbins, senior in the Ferris State University Marketing program, spent the summer of 2019 getting to know the Big Rapids community. Robbins was the marketing intern for the Parks and Recreation Department in Big Rapids, MI. She managed the…Read more »
The More You Know: A’nya Amos’s Marketing Internship at Artworks
July 29, 2019
Ferris State University Marketing senior A’nya Amos spent the summer of 2019 gaining the confidence she needed to graduate in December of 2019 and enter the workforce. As the marketing intern at Artworks in Big Rapids, MI it was her…Read more »
College of Business Students Recognized for Excellence
May 14, 2019
The College of Business recently recognized 20 outstanding upperclassmen by presenting them with Student Excellence Awards. On Friday, April 04, 2019, recipients were treated to a catered dinner and a speech from Jeff Harrold, retired Chairman and CEO of Auto-Owners Insurance.… Read more »
Ferris Students Attend Annual Michigan Society for Healthcare Planning and Marketing Conference
April 24, 2019
Ferris Healthcare Marketing students attended the annual Michigan Society for Healthcare Planning and Marketing conference in Lansing on April 11, 2019. During the conference students experienced the hospital setting in the nonprofit sector and learned how it interacts with for-profit suppliers. … Read more »
Ferris American Marketing Association Chapter Recognized Internationally
April 17, 2019
The Ferris American Marketing Association (AMA) chapter was recognized as one of the top ten international AMA chapters at the AMA International Collegiate Conference. It also received awards for a variety of other accomplishments. The conference, which took place April… Read more »
Shoe Savant Jeff Lewis Speaks to Ferris College of Business Students
February 1, 2019
Industry leader and shoe savant Jeff Lewis recently visited Ferris State University’s College of Business to share the insight he gained from his years as the VP of Marketing for the iconic brand Hush Puppies. Lewis has perfected the formula… Read more »
Ferris Duo Takes on National Sales Challenge in New Jersey
December 12, 2018
College of Business students Keegan Brown and Lucy Reigle recently represented Ferris at the 12th annual National Sales Challenge in Wayne, New Jersey. The National Sales Challenge is hosted by the Russ Berrie Institute for Professional Sales at William Paterson… Read more »
American Marketing Association to Host Annual Regional Conference
October 31, 2018
The American Marketing Association (AMA) will host their annual regional conference on Friday, November 2, 2018 in BUS 111 from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. The conference is open to all Ferris students and all AMA members. The cost is… Read more »
Eight College of Business Faculty Members Recognized at Annual Author Celebration
March 16, 2018
Eight College of Business faculty members were recognized for their recent scholarly accomplishments on Thursday, March 15, 2018 at the Ferris State University annual Author Celebration. Those recognized included: Timothy Brotherton, Marketing Beverly DeMarr, Human Resource Management Greg Gogolin, Information Security and Intelligence Henry Ho, Marketing Karyn… Read more »
AMA Ferris to Host 2017 Regional Conference
November 2, 2017
The Ferris American Marketing Association (AMA) collegiate chapter will be hosting their annual regional conference on Friday, November 3 at the College of Business. The conference will feature speakers from companies such as Easy on Hold, Clif Bar, Shift Digital,… Read more »
Statewide Business Administration Senior Margaret Miller Navigates Competitive General Motors Internship with “Urgency and Professionalism”
October 3, 2017
On a number of occasions during summer 2017, Margaret Miller remembers sitting around a table at General Motors with her fellow marketing interns, all of whom were from Ivy League schools. Miller could have felt intimidated—but she had no reason…Read more »
Enterprise of Michigan Partners with Marketing Sales Program at Ferris State University
August 29, 2017
Enterprise of Michigan has partnered with the Marketing Sales program to enhance the education of students at Ferris State University. On Thursday, July 27, 2017, Breanna Fassbender, an Enterprise employee, presented the faculty of the program with a financial gift… Read more »
Professor Susan K. Jones Appointed to The Ferris Foundation Board of Directors
July 21, 2017
A College of Business professor, with more than a quarter century of promoting excellence as a member of the Ferris State University faculty, is prepared to offer greater involvement and assistance, as Susan K. Jones has been appointed to The… Read more »
Alumnus, Social Media Expert Luke Wyckoff Appointed to The Ferris Foundation Board of Directors
July 20, 2017
An active Ferris State University alumnus will add new involvement and responsibility to his bustling schedule as Luke Wyckoff, the chief visionary officer and founder of Social Media Energy, has been appointed to The Ferris Foundation Board of Directors. Wyckoff, a… Read more »
Meet the Summer 2017 College of Business Orientation Leaders
July 19, 2017
Every summer Ferris State University offers Orientation sessions for incoming Bulldogs. During orientation students confirm their academic major, meet faculty and staff from their program, learn about graduation requirements and financial aid, and register for classes. Meet the familiar faces…Read more »
Embracing the ‘Hospitality High’
June 28, 2017
Students gain real-world experience at X Games By Katelyn Crain | Communications Specialist This article was originally published in the Spring 2017 edition of Ferris Magazine. It was the 2017 Winter X Games, but snowboarding was the last thing on…Read more »
Ferris State Students help Trinity Fellowship Church through Local Survey
February 8, 2017
Students from Henry Ho’s marketing research class at Ferris State University (FSU) presented information gathered by a local survey to Trinity Fellowship Church (TFC). Professor Ho was approached by a member of TFC with intentions of finding attitudes and awareness… Read more »
College of Business Digital Marketing Certificate Nationally Ranked
December 2, 2016
The College of Business Digital Marketing Certificate has recently been ranked at 21 out of 30 as the Best Value Digital Marketing Certificate Program for 2017. While most of the students gaining this certificate are Ferris undergraduates from Big Rapids… Read more »
The Faculty In The Marketing Department Have Recently Edited A Journal Special Section
December 1, 2016
The Journal of Case Studies in Strategic Communication (CSSC) special section “Contemporary Marketing Strategies as Communication Tools for Modern Retailers” edited by Dr. Henry Ho and Dr. Tim Brotherton is now available on the journal’s website. The CSSC is published… Read more »
College of Business Students Place Second in Digital Marketing Strategy Competition
October 17, 2016
Last week five American Marketing Association (AMA) students traveled to Whitewater, Wisconsin to participate in a regional conference and competitions. In addition to attending speakers and workshops, three students participated in the Digital Marketing Strategy Competition and placed second overall.… Read more »
Students Place 1st in Digital Marketing Simulation at AMA Conference
October 3, 2016
Five students from the Ferris State American Marketing Association (AMA) chapter traveled to Aurora, Illinois over the weekend to attend an AMA Regional Conference and participate in two competitions. Dominic Hasbrouck (Business Administration), Tyler Luptowski (Finance), and Estelle Molitor (Marketing)… Read more »
Marketing Student Assists Others through Internship
August 21, 2016
During summer 2016, Sean Sobocinski was on internship at Northwestern Mutual, a life insurance and financial planning company. There he put his marketing skills to use selling not products, but services—financial services. With a focus on long term care, Sobocinski…Read more »
Internship with Pensacola Blue Wahoos Allows Marketing Student to Combine Passion and Profession
July 20, 2016
Hunter Depalma, a senior in the Marketing program with a concentration in Sports Marketing, is currently on internship with the Pensacola Blue Wahoos. The Pensacola Blue Wahoos is a Double-A baseball team that is is affiliated with the Cincinnati Red Baseball…Read more »
Marketing Research Students get Hands-On Experience in the Big Rapids Community
May 31, 2016
College of Business marketing students at Ferris State University have recently conducted a research project for their client—Big Rapids Community Library (BRCL)—in the Spring semester of 2016. This survey is being used to determine what Big Rapid area residents perceptions are of… Read more »
College of Business RSOs awarded 5-Star Status
April 29, 2016
Last night at the Torchbearer Leadership Award ceremony the American Marketing Association and Public Relations Student Society of America were both awarded 5 Star Registered Student Organization (only five campus RSO’s are awarded this designation). Additionally, Billie Anderson was awarded… Read more »
AMA Makes National Top Ten
February 16, 2016
The Ferris American Marketing Association (AMA) has learned they made the Top Ten in the nation for the Collegiate Case Competition, for the third year in a row. The Collegiate Case Competition is a year-long event that offers top marketing… Read more »
International Erosion Control Association Inducts Marketing Alumni to Board of Directors
September 23, 2015
The following tribute has been written by The Governance and features Marketing alumni Adam Dibble. The full-story can be found here. Denver, Colo.—The International Erosion Control Association Region One membership voted to newly elect Adam Dibble, CPESC and Gustavo O. Salerno, CPESC, PE… Read more »
Meet the College of Business Orientation Leaders
August 11, 2015
Every summer Ferris State University offers Orientation sessions for incoming Bulldogs. Meet the familiar faces that have helped guide College of Business (COB) students, family, and friends on the beginning of their Bulldog adventure. Why did you choose to attend…Read more »
Conference Offers Learning in Leadership
June 8, 2015
Public Relations major Emma Thibault traveled to Scottsdale, Arizona, where she attended the Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA) Leadership Rally. Thibault serves as the President of Ferris’s PRSSA chapter. PRSSA is the premiere pre-professional organization for public relations students.… Read more »
Marketing Intern: Peter Lobbes
June 8, 2015
Originally seeking a degree in automotive engineering technology, Peter Lobbes will be receiving a Marketing degree next spring. Peter denotes changing his major as, “the best decision I ever made.” Peter is currently a sales and marketing intern at AIS…Read more »
AMA Recognizes Marketing Prof as Outstanding Volunteer
May 14, 2015
Dr. Laura Dix, professor of Marketing, was recognized by the American Marketing Association (AMA) as an outstanding volunteer; she was featured on their website during May. Since 2006, she has passionately served as the faculty advisor of the Ferris collegiate chapter of AMA,… Read more »
Marketing Student Interned in Hawaii
November 19, 2014
Melissa Mattila, with the help of the CIS Abroad Program, completed her internship in Honolulu, HI, with the event planning and marketing company, I Do Hawaiian Weddings. She was an assistant/ event coordinator for the owner June Dillinger, and was responsible for making…Read more »
COB’s Evan Pazkowski elected Homecoming King
October 13, 2014
On October 4, Evan Pazkowski was elected 2014 Homecoming King. A senior majoring in Marketing, Pazkowski is very involved not only within the College of Business, but all over campus. What does it mean to you to have won Homecoming… Read more »
Conference Draws Marketing Students from around Michigan
October 3, 2014
Business students from around Michigan will visit the Ferris campus on Oct. 10 for the American Marketing Association (AMA) Michigan Regional Conference, featuring seven Michigan-based companies. Registration is $20 and all students are welcome to attend. At least five other… Read more »
MIM Student Interns at Conan
October 2, 2014
Kevin Hatheway, a senior Music Industry Management student in the College of Business, is spending his fall semester as an intern at the popular CONAN show. “I am currently interning at the TBS late-night show CONAN. The show films at Warner…Read more »
Professor Leads Way in Online Direct Marketing Classes
April 25, 2014
Ferris State University College of Business professor Susan Jones, helped pioneer the world’s first Direct Marketing online courses in January 1998. Marketing, Advertising, and Integrated Communications are the heart of the College of Business at Ferris State University. These students…Read more »
Ferris Inspires Sixth Graders to Pursue Higher Ed
April 1, 2014
Sixty sixth grade students from Reeths-Puffer Intermediate School visited the College of Business for their first look at a college campus. This visit to Ferris was part of a long-term effort to inspire the students to pursue higher education after high school.… Read more »
Faculty Nominate Seniors for Student Excellence Award
March 25, 2014
College of Business faculty members recently nominated students to be honored with the Student Excellence Award. The awards, in the form of an engraved plaque, will be presented at a special banquet and ceremony; students’ names will also be displayed on… Read more »
Sports Marketing Student Learns ‘The Ripken Way’ During Internship
July 23, 2013
Sports Marketing senior Chelsea Konarzewski landed an internship with The Ripken Experience in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. The Ripken Experience, founded by former Major League baseball players Cal Ripken Sr., Cal Ripken Jr. and Bill Ripken, hosts youth baseball camps…Read more »
Sports Marketing Student Interns In North Carolina
July 9, 2013
This summer, Sports Marketing major Courtney Meharg, takes her skills to the East coast for an internship. Interning for the Carolina RailHawks in Cary, North Carolina, Courtney’s responsibilities include being a part of the Community Marketing and Outreach Assistance, where…Read more »
Marketing Students Reap Awards at International Conference
June 20, 2013
This past spring, Ferris American Marketing Association (AMA) students attend the 35th Annual International Collegiate Conference in New Orleans. For the past three years, Ferris AMA students have secured a spot in the top 16 chapters out of 350 in… Read more »
Sports Marketing Alumnus Scores a Career with the Indiana Pacers
January 30, 2012
Graduate of the 2011 Sports Marketing program, and former president of Ferris State’s chapter of the American Marketing Association (AMA), Eric Cole continues to shine as he pursues his career with the Indiana Pacers. Cole landed his career with the…Read more »
1. New First Year or “First Time in Any College Freshmen (FTIAC)” Applicant COB Admission Criteria
Applicants are expected to meet the criteria listed below to be placed directly into a College of Business bachelor/associate degree program except Graphic Design (DSGN), Information Security & Intelligence (ISIN), PGA Golf Management (PGA), and Professional Tennis Management (PTM) which have specific admission requirements listed in Section 3. Any mitigating circumstances will be considered on an individual basis by the College of Business Dean’s Office/Student Academic Affairs (SAA).
Applicants completing the SAT after Fall, 2016, must have a 2.5 high school GPA (on a 4.0 scale) and meet two of the three criteria below:
- SAT Evidence-based Reading and Writing (ERW) score of 450 or higher.
- SAT Math score of 500 or higher. Placement in Math 109/110 will be considered (SAT MATH score 480).
- SAT Composite score of 900.
Applicants completing the ACT; or applicants completing the SAT before Fall, 2016, must have a 2.5 high school GPA (on a 4.0 scale) and meet two of the three criteria below:
- English ACT score of 16 or higher, or SAT Writing score of 370 or higher
- Math ACT score of 19 or higher, or SAT Math score of 460 or higher
- Reading ACT score of 19 or higher, or SAT Reading score of 430 or higher
ACT/SAT score requirements shall not apply to international students and non-traditional students age 23 or older. However, a placement test (specified by Ferris State University and/or COB) may be necessary for English and Math. Most students complete the Accuplacer at the FSU Testing Center or approved satellite location.
Applicants not meeting the above criteria (or criteria for direct admission into a specific COB program listed in Section 3), MAY be considered for an approved Associates Degree if:
- High School GPA of 2.35 or higher
- Math ACT score of 16/SAT Math 430 and additional high school algebra
- ACT Reading score of 16 and ACT English score of 14 or a comparable SAT ERW score to be determined.
- SAT Composite score of 860 or ACT composite score of 15.
2. Transfer Applicant COB Admission Criteria (this includes internal applicants from other FSU colleges and external applicants from other institutions)
Applicants are expected to meet the criteria listed below to be placed directly into a College of Business bachelor/associate degree program except for Accountancy/Computer Information Systems (ACIS), Computer Information Systems (CIS), Computer Information Technology (CIT), Graphic Design (DSGN), Information Security & Intelligence (ISIN), Music Industry Management (MIM), PGA Golf Management (PGA), and Professional Tennis Management (PTM) which have specific admission requirements listed in Section 3. Any mitigating circumstances will be considered on an individual basis by the College of Business Dean’s Office/SAA.
Transfer applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Combined college or university GPA of 2.35 (on a 4.0 scale) from all institutions attended. GPA is based on completion of 12 credit hours or more. Developmental courses will not be considered in computing the GPA requirement.
- Transfer equivalency for FSU English 150 or placement during the first semester at FSU which would require an ACT English score of 16 or higher; or SAT ERW score of 450; or Accuplacer English score 6 or higher.
- Transfer equivalency for FSU Math 114/115 or placement during the first semester at FSU which would require an ACT Math score of 19 or higher; or SAT Math score of 500; or Accuplacer MATH scores: Elementary Algebra score 75 or higher and College Level Math 0 – 49.
ACT/SAT score requirements shall not apply to international students and non-traditional students age 23 or older. However, a placement test (specified by Ferris State University and/or COB) may be necessary for English and Math. Most students complete the Accuplacer at the FSU Testing Center or an approved satellite location.
COB students may transfer into another COB program with a 2.0 FSU GPA unless they do not meet requirements that are program specific. A “Program Change Form” will be processed in the Dean’s Office/SAA (BUS 200).
FSU students may transfer into a COB program with a 2.35 FSU GPA unless they do not meet requirements that are program specific. A “Program Change Form” will be processed in the Dean’s Office/SAA (BUS 200).
3. COB Specific Programs’ Admission Criteria
New applicants (FTIAC)* and transfer applicants interested in Accountancy/Computer Information Systems (ACIS), Systems Computer Information Systems (CIS), Computer Information Technology (CIT), Graphic Design (DSGN), Information Security and Intelligence (ISIN), Music Industry Management (MIM), PGA Golf Management (PGA), and Professional Tennis Management (PTM) have specific admission criteria as follows:
Accountancy/Computer Information Systems (ACIS-BS-BU)
- FTIAC applicants must meet the COB FTIAC admission criteria.
- Transfer applicants must meet COB transfer admission criteria (see Section 2) and have a combined college or university 2.5 GPA.
Computer Information Systems (CIS-BS-BU)
- FTIAC applicants must meet COB FTIAC admission criteria.
- Transfer applicants must meet COB transfer admission criteria (see Section 2) and have a combined college or university 2.5 GPA.
Computer Information Technology (CIT-BS-BU)
- FTIAC applicants must meet COB FTIAC admission criteria.
- Transfer applicants must meet COB transfer admission criteria (see Section 2) and have a college or university 2.5 GPA.
Graphic Design Bachelor’s Degree (DSGN-BS-BU)
- FTIAC applicants must meet COB FTIAC admission criteria. Students must maintain a 2.7gpa in their DSGN courses.
- Transfer applicants must meet COB transfer admission criteria (see Section 2) and will be referred to the Program Coordinator for portfolio review to determine acceptance and placement within the program.
Information Security & Intelligence (ISIN-BS-BU and ISIN-AAS-BU)
- All applicants applying for admission to the ISIN programs will submit a 750 – 1,000 word essay that addresses the following: Who they are and why they desire admission in the ISIN program, description of a personal quality, talent, accomplishment, contribution, or experience, and description of someone that influenced them and why.
- Minimum computer spec for ISIN students: Laptop; Windows or OSX/MacOS; 8 GB RAM, 16GB recommended; 500 GB HDD or SSD; CPU minimum i5 or equivalent.
- FTIAC applicants require a 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) from high school and a Math ACT minimum score of 22 or Math SAT minimum score of 550.
- Transfer applicants must have a combined 3.00 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) from all institutions attended. GPA is based on completion of 24 hours or more. Students must have completed the transfer equivalent of FSU’s Math 114/115 or higher (this does not include FSU’s equivalent of Math 117) with a minimum 2.00 GPA or have a Math ACT minimum score of 22 or Math SAT minimum score of 550. (See information above regarding the required essay.)
Music and Entertainment Business (MEBM-BS-BU)
- FTIAC applicants must meet COB FTIAC admission criteria.
- Transfer applicants must meet COB transfer admission criteria and (see Section 2) have a combined college or university 2.5 GPA. Typically no more than 45 applicable credit hours should be transferred from other institutions. Exceptions will be based on approval by the MIM Program Director.
PGA Golf Management (PGA-BS-BU)
- FTIAC applicants require a 2.5 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) from high school, ACT composite score of 19 or SAT composite score of 980. The program has a Fall Semester entry only. Because of the uniqueness of the program, applicants are encouraged to visit campus and talk with an admissions counselor and/or the PGA program coordinator.
- There are two alternatives for students to demonstrate the golf playing ability required to enter the Ferris State PGA Golf Management Program. Each State Golf Association offers memberships that include score posting for rounds played to allow golfers to establish an official handicap. If a student elects to use option 1 below, the maximum permitted USGA/World Handicapping System Index is 8.0.
- In Michigan, for example, the Golf Association of Michigan offers score posting options online. The following link will take you directly to the GAM Membership page. As a GAM Member not only can you post your scores but the GAM offers discounts on greens fees and merchandise at various courses throughout Michigan. https://www.gam.org/?Membership&view=Join
- The other alternative is to demonstrate playing proficiency in a 36 hole PGA Playing Ability Test (PAT) conducted in any PGA Section in the United States. The proficiency considered acceptable by Ferris State is as follows: In at least one of the two rounds of the PAT, the student shoots a score that is within 5 strokes of the PAT Target Score.
For Example, the PAT Target Score for 36 Holes = 158 (79 + 79 = 158)
Player in PAT Shoots 84 and 86 in the two rounds. Since at least one round (the 84) is within 5 strokes of 79 that would be considered acceptable.
- Transfer applicants must meet COB transfer admission criteria (see Section 2) and demonstrate golfing ability as explained above. Transfer equivalency or placement in ENGL-150 and MATH-114 or MATH-115.
- Students must complete the program within eight years of the initial enrollment as required by the PGA.
- PGA Playing Ability Test Registration
Professional Tennis Management (PTM-BS-BU)
- FTIAC applicants require a 2.5 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) from high school, NTRP of 4.0 with USTA District ranking and one of the following two criteria: (1) ACT Math score of 19 or higher or SAT Math score of 500 OR (2) ACT Reading score of 19 or higher or SAT ERW to be determined.
- Transfer applicants must meet COB transfer admissions criteria (see Section 2) and NTRP of 4.0 or USTA District ranking.
4. Undergraduate COB Certificate Programs’ Admission Criteria
Any person admitted to a Ferris State University degree program may enroll in courses for undergraduate COB certificates. No more than 50% of the credits in a certificate may be transferred from another institution. If a student is in a FSU degree-seeking program, the certificate will not be granted if more than 50% of the certificate credits are required in the program/major. The certificate will be granted upon completion with an average GPA of 2.0 or higher in the courses designated for the certificate.
Individuals wanting to advance their career, but not admitted to an FSU degree program, may also earn undergraduate COB certificates.
Admission process for individuals seeking only a certificate:
- Applicant should show proof of high school graduation with a 2.35 GPA. If it is determined by the COB Dean’s Office/SAA that regular program admission criteria should be met in order to complete the certificate successfully and be a contributing member of the course, all college transcripts should be submitted to the Admissions Office. Once admitted, an advisor will be assigned by the College of Business in the certificate program.
- Dual enrolled/concurrent students must complete their high school degree (provide transcript) before the certificate will be granted from FSU.
- Students wishing to pursue a bachelor or associate’s degree must meet the admission criteria for the program. This criteria review is initiated when the “Program Change Form” request is processed through the COB Dean’s Office/SAA.
Any mitigating circumstances will be considered on an individual basis by the College of Business Dean’s Office/SAA
*This document is subject to change. Questions should be submitted to the COB Dean’s Office/Student Academic Affairs (BUS 200) in care of the Director of Student Academic Affairs (231-591-2420).
SLG: April 9, 2013; Spring, 2014 (PHMT and eliminate PMIM); December, 2014(editorial); August 20, 2015 (criteria change: Section 1 preprogram requirements; PGA Golf Management name change); April and May, 2016 (Certificate process updates); Reviewed by AC: March 16, 2017 and updated on April 4, 2017 (Updates with certificate, ISIN admissions criteria, SAT updates, program changes, eliminate pre-programs, editorial changes); June 13, 2107 (MIM transfer credit clarification); June 19, 2017 (CIS transfer criteria update: combined college GPA 2.5 GPA); July 27, 2017 (ISIN computer recommendations; Accountancy/Computer Information Systems transfer criteria update: combined college GPA 2.50); August 16, 2017 (Edit); Oct 6, 2017 (ISIN AAS); November 7, 2017 (PTM edit “or USTA”);