Why Choose Information Security & Intelligence?
There are several things that distinguish the ISI programs as one of the top 25 in the nation and the premier cyber security:
- The Information Security & Intelligence program is one of the first universities in the United States and the only university in Michigan to receive ABET accreditation in Cyber Security through the Computing Accreditation Commission. ABET is the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology and is the recognized accreditor of science and technology programs.
- The National Security Agency and the Department of Homeland Security have designated Ferris State University as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Education.
- The Department of Defense Cyber Crime Center (DC3) and the Air Force Office of Special Investigations has name Ferris State University as the first university in the United States to obtain designation as a National Center of Digital Forensics Academic Excellence.
- Michigan’s most advanced digital forensic research lab equipped with EnCase, FTK, Nuix, Cellebrite, XRY, Passware Decryption Suite, Maltego, Shadow Dragon Social Net, i2, Stereo and Digital Laser microscopes, network segmentation, Steel Central, Burp Suite, and Palo Alto Academic Partner.
- Funded research grants from the National Science Foundation and various other foundations.
- Extensive publication record consisting of multiple journals, books and periodicals. Some of this work has been cited in the United States Supreme Court such as in the landmark case Riley v. California.
- Students compete in various cyber security competitions and frequently finish in the top 10% nationally.
- Active student organizations including the Information Security & Intelligence Association and Women in Cybersecurity.
- Multiple faculty have been certified as an expert witness in various courts.
- Faculty that have the following certifications: CISSP, E|CSA, GIAC GSSP-.NET, GIAC GCIH, C|ND, CPTE, CLFE, CAN, C|SCU, PMP, EnCE, ACE, CEH, CAPM, Scrum Master.
- Faculty that average over 15 years of work experience ranging from leadership positions in multibillion dollar corporations to law enforcement and licensed professional investigator.
- Faculty that include a Distinguished Professor, Fulbright Scholar, and International Educator of the year.
- Faculty that have taught on 4 continents that includes teaching digital forensics to the entire federal cybercrime units in Chile and Perú
- A student body that includes graduates from over 50 countries.
- Alumni that have distinguished themselves as leaders dozens of organizations worldwide.
- Host of various summer camps and workshops.